MBEA 2020 Fall Conference
MBEA will provide an AWESOME conference with great workshops and sessions and a keynote speaker you do not want to miss. All interested educators are welcome to attend!
The MBEA Fall Conference will be held on Friday, September 25, 2020, at the Jackson Downtown Convention Center Hotel, 200 East Amite Street, Jackson, MS 39201. The deadline for regular registration is Friday, August 28, 2020. The registration fee is $80. The fee from August 29-September 11, 2020, increases to $100. Onsite registration will be $125. MBEA membership dues for 2020-21 are included in the registration fee.
The conference registration fee can be paid online via PayPal (https://www.paypal.me/MSBusEd) or sent via mail to MBEA, 117 Kirkside Drive, Starkville, MS 39759. If the conference registration/membership fee is mailed, please complete and print the registration form after submitting it and include it with your payment.
In order to be pre-registered for the MBEA Fall Conference, the conference registration/membership fee payment must be postmarked by September 11, 2020.
CEUs will be available at the conference for an additional fee of only $15. Fill out the CEU section on this form to register CEUs. The CEU fee will be paid during the conference.
A block of hotel rooms has been reserved at the Jackson Downtown Convention Center Hotel for a discounted rate ($104 plus taxes and fees) for the night before the conference (Thursday, September 24). Reservations can be made directly with Marriott reservations at 1-800-228-9290 or 601-969-5100. Identify the group as Mississippi Business Education Association when making your reservations. To take advantage of the discounted rate, you must book your room by September 10, 2020.
Call for Proposals
Proposals for workshop sessions at the MBEA 2020 Fall Conference are now being taken. Call for Proposals provides more information.
Vendors are welcomed at the MBEA Fall Conference.
National Business Education Association
- NBEA – Convention Theme: “Educating for Success in Business in Life!”
- April 7-11, 2020
- Virtual Conference Information from NBEA website:”Due to the high number of cancellations by attendees and the public emergency declared by the Massachusetts Governor concerning the Corona Virus, the NBEA Executive Board of Directors has voted to transition its annual event to a virtual conference. The virtual conference will be held on the same dates as previously scheduled, April 7th to 11th. While we all desired our conference to go on as normal, the Board had no other reasonable alternatives on a way forward. While change can be concerning, it can also break new ground, be exciting and productive.As we move forward with the virtual conference, we are dedicated to:
- Making the conference interactive and engaging
- Honoring our leaders and award winners
- Providing value from the relationships made and lessons learned
- Stretching the bounds of what is possible
- Proving professional educators can rise to the occasion and be innovative in difficult times”
- Information on the NBEA virtual conference is available on the NBEA website at https://nbea.org/page/VirtualConference.
MBEA 2019 Fall Conference
Business education was on F.I.R.E. at the Mississippi Business Education Association Fall Conference held at the Jackson Convention Center on Friday, November 8, 2019. Business educators learned about Forward Thinking, Investing, and Real-World Education.
The conference was a partnership between MBEA and the Mississippi Council on Economic Education and was funded in part by a grant from the Investor Protection Trust.
Attendees enjoyed workshops and networking with other educators to help bring that FIRE back into their classrooms. The luncheon speaker was Dr. Michael Finke, professor of Wealth Management and the Frank M. Engle Distinguished Chair in Economic Security at The American College of Financial Services. His topic was Forum on American Enterprise: When I’m 65.
The day concluded with the MBEA Business Meeting where the 2019-20 officers were approved and installed.
Mississippi Association for Career and Technical Education
Association for Career and Technical Education
Future Business Leaders of America and Phi Beta Lambda
- Future Business Leaders of America/Phi Beta Lambda (National Website)
- Mississippi Future Business Leaders of America State Website
- Mississippi Phi Beta Lambda State Website
Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA)